COURSE- Change Order Management May 31
CHANGE ORDER MANAGEMENT
Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording within commonly used contracts (CCDC 2 and CCA 1)
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
MCA has Partnered with CCA for this Education opportunity