Construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors will develop an understanding of contract law as it relates to construction and the various CCDC/CCA and other contracts used within the industry. Participants also learn how the Builders Lien Act works and other legal means to resolve construction disputes and avoid litigation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian legal system and sources of law
- Be familiar with various legal terms used in contracts
- Understand the contract responsibilities of various parties
- Understand the bidding process and contractual obligations
- Understand the contractual relationship between contractor and sub-contractor
- Avoid construction disputes and claims from the site level
- Write RFIs and Change Orders
- Understand the dispute resolution process – negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Understand how the “holdback system” works and why
- Use the Small Claims process to recover debts
Register now http://mca-ab.com/event/course-construction-law-2/