Medical Gas Piping and Systems Installation Certification
Students will use the CSA Z7396.1-12 Medical Gas Pipe Line Systems code to prepare themselves with all aspects of installation, maintenance and renovation of Medical Gas systems and components in a health care setting. This includes practical application in brazing and purging meeting the requirements of the NFPA 99, Standard for Health Care Facilities, 2012 Edition. Students will also be required to use different types of bending machines to achieve proper tube bends used in piping systems.
Students will be required to possess a Journeyman certification in either Plumber or Steamfitter/Pipefitter.
Outcome – Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the scope of the CSA Z7396 code.
• Identify definitions of various terms specific to med gas.
• Identify the relevant standards pertaining to med gas.
• Identify situations where the AHJ has inspection requirements.
• Determine installer document requirements.
• Identify requirements and common trade practices for working in occupied spaces.
• Identify protocol for hospital shut downs.
Perform brazing and purging Procedure Qualifications to the NFPA 99, Standard for Health Care Facilities, 2012 Edition.
• Perform bending applications with different types of mechanical benders.
• Students will be required to complete a final exam with a minimum mark of 80%.