The Committee and our Directors have therefore decided to continue with this program for the 16th consecutive year. The amount of the subsidy will remain at $150.00 of the $950.00 tuition fee.
MCA Alberta Contractor Employee apprentices are eligible under the following conditions:
- they must be registered at a recognized Alberta institution in either the Plumber – Steamfitter – Gas – Sprinkler System Installation Trades, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year.
- they must remit their original receipt of payment with the application. (This may be done as soon as the apprentice is registered. No more waiting until course completion).
- MCA member contractor must complete the MCA Apprenticeship Subsidy application form and submit the registration receipt.
- Payments will be made to MCA contractor member to forward to apprentice.
- Certain limits on the number of apprenticeship subsidies per company will be established depending upon dues paid to the Association.
i.e. Contractors paying annual “Minimum One Man Shop Membership Dues” will be restricted to only one $150.00 subsidy.