MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
In Person Training: Construction Law
October 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm MDT$650.00 – $750.00
*In person Training*
Construction Law October 6 & 7th from 8:30 -4:30 MST
Construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors will develop an understanding of contract law as it relates to construction and the various CCDC/CCA and other contracts used within the industry. Participants also learn how the Builders Lien Act works and other legal means to resolve construction disputes and avoid litigation.
Audience: The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators and supervisors.
What will you learn?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian legal system and sources of law
- Be familiar with various legal terms used in contracts
- Understand the contract responsibilities of various parties
- Understand the bidding process and contractual obligations
- Understand the contractual relationship between contractor and sub-contractor
- Avoid construction disputes and claims from the site level
- Write RFIs and Change Orders
- Understand the dispute resolution process – negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Understand how the “holdback system” works and why
- Use the Small Claims process to recover debts
Gold Seal Credits Available