MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
VIRTUAL SEMINAR- Becoming a Trusted Advisor
April 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$199.00 – $227
Becoming a Trusted Advisor
Smart business people know that your options to stand out in the marketplace are limited… cut prices? Not very profitable. Improve product quality? Certainly, but that can take substantial time and money. The fastest, most cost-effective way to differentiate yourself is to focus on your service. Customer service can no longer be merely average or simply friendly; it needs to be remark-able. That means you and your team members need to be seen as Trusted Advisors, so that you make price less relevant.
Here’s your opportunity to make that happen for your team…
About this live-stream half day virtual seminar
Learn easy-to-apply tips, tools and phrases that generate significant results including stronger customer loyalty, reduce conflicts with customers and co-workers, and recharge customer service teamwork. These strategies will change the way people view you and your organization.
Whether you and your team members communicate with external customers or internal co-workers, these strategies will enhance the way people view you and your organization.
Participants discover how to:
- Enhance people’s perception of you by 12% by using a two word phrase more often (hint: it’s not please or thank you)
- Prevent customers from defecting just to save a few dollars
- Reduce your customers’ buying choices, and increase purchases by 7 fold
- Position your ideas, products, and services so that people select higher value options
- Meet and exceed the 7 top customer expectations
- Connect with clients at a deeper level by expressing your ‘grand intention’
- Use the most prevalent shift in buying behaviors to boost your business
- Avoid 5 common expressions that unwittingly raise skepticism in others
- Tap the ‘humility advantage’ to influence without pushiness
- Deal effectively with customers and co-workers who are stressed or rushed
- Ensure that social media messages about you and your organization strengthen rather than damage your brand
- Break bad news to others without creating hard feelings
- Move beyond repeat business to create loyalty (there is a difference)
- Prevent miscommunications that lead to stress and work overload
- Boost communication skills both at work and in your personal life
- Recharge your spirit and brighten your interactions with others
Jeff believes that smart customers no longer value you as an information provider. For information, customers can search Google in less than a second and it’s free. Free is worthless. Fortunately however, there are 3 core elements that customers do want from you – better yet to receive them, they are willing to pay a premium. You’ll discover how to apply these 3 elements so you’re perceived less as an information provider or order-taker, and valued more – literally, as a Trusted Advisor.
Afternoon times available from 1-4 as well as other dates. Please call the office if you would prefer another time or date.
Thursday, April 8 (morning OR afternoon)
Wednesday, April 14 (morning OR afternoon)
Thursday, April 22 (morning OR afternoon)
Thursday, April 29 (morning OR afternoon)