MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
BLENDED LEARNING: Medical Gas Installation Training
March 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST$850.00 – $1,000.00
This blended course includes:
- 32 hours of self- study theory delivered online March 7- April 8, 2022
- 5 hours of practical lab delivered face-to-face on NAIT campus the Friday April 8th from 6PM-9:50 PM
Students will use the CSA Z7396.1-12 Medical Gas Pipeline Systems code to prepare themselves with all aspects of installation, maintenance and renovation of Medical Gas systems and components in a health care setting. This includes practical application in brazing and purging meeting the requirements of the NFPA 99, Standard for Health Care Facilities, 2012 Edition. Students will also be required to use different types of bending machines to achieve proper tube bends used in piping systems.
Students will be required to possess a Journeyman certification in either Plumber or Steamfitter/Pipefitter.
Outcome – Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the scope of the CSA Z7396 code.
- Identify definitions of various terms specific to med gas.
- Identify the relevant standards pertaining to med gas.
- Identify situations where the AHJ has inspection requirements.
- Determine installer document requirements.
- Identify requirements and common trade practices for working in occupied spaces.
- Identify protocol for hospital shut downs.
- Completion of this program does not grant Medical Gas Piping and Systems Installations Certification. This is purely a pre-requisite course that prepares participants for the certification (CSA).
- Those who successfully complete this training will get a NAIT wallet certificate.
- Registered participants will need to set-up a NAIT portal account in order to access Moodle
- Participants will have up to 4 weeks to complete their online theory training. During this time Jim, our distance instructor, will be connecting with participants via forums and message to generate discussion round the topics and to answer any questions.
- There will be no printed materials provided, everything is now in Moodle and participants can print resources if they want.
- We will have electronic access to the Code book via NAIT library, but participants are encouraged to have their own book.
Full course outline from NAIT Outline PLMR149 – 202011