MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
Building Capacity From Within: Growing Project Managers Into Senior Leadership
February 10 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm MST$420.00 – $550.00
Join MCA and Professor Tim Wentz, February 10 & 11th @ 11 AM- 3PM MST
Part of the Building Capacity from Within series, this course describes the evolution of a project manager (middle management: PM’s , Estimators, etc.) into senior leadership within a company. This leadership-centric course focuses on corporate policies and strategies that define how a company develops a competitive advantage to acquire projects, creates a high-performance culture, and promotes a common ethical foundation. Corporate policies on standardization, risk management and performance indicators are woven into a company-wide policy that flows through all of its projects.
This eight-hour course is broken into two four-hour segments over two days. It features renowned educator, Tim Wentz and guest speaker Dan Leduc. Guest speakers round out this engaging and informative course.
What will you learn?:
- Risk/ethical boundaries and decision making
- Risk allocation and mitigation strategies
- Project Delivery Systems – Liability, Risk and Leadership
- Developing a competitive advantage
- Benchmarking performance strategies
- Protecting cash flow
- Create feedback loops to inspire continuous improvement
- The future of our industry and potential opportunities
What will you receive?
- A detailed schedule given closer to date
- Printed materials
- Jobsite journal
Instructor: Professor Tim Wentz
This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions