MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING: Construction Estimating
March 29 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$599.00 – $699.00
“Virtual Instructor led”
Course will take place March 29, 30, 31, & April 1 from 9:30 -1:30 MST
Construction supervisors and leaders will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid. This course is designed for estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating.
At the end of the course construction estimators will be able to:
- Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
- Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
- Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
- Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
- Formulate a bid strategy
- Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
- Use Construction Division Codes
- Be familiar with how to use the bid depository
- Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
Gold Seal Credits Available- Both the Zoom class time and optional online exam will offer credits
You’ll need to make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund