MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken estimating courses from MCA in the past. Was very impressed with how much content was included in the course and the instructor was incredibly skilled with the course content and beyond. I highly recommend taking this course if you’re looking to build on your future in construction!”
Jeff Swindells | Victaulic
- This event has passed.
COURSE- Construction Law- Calgary
January 24, 2019 @ 8:30 am - January 25, 2019 @ 4:30 pm MST$595.00
Construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors will develop an understanding of contract law as it relates to construction and the various CCDC/CCA and other contracts used within the industry. Participants also learn how the Builders Lien Act works and other legal means to resolve construction disputes and avoid litigation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian legal system and sources of law
- Be familiar with various legal terms used in contracts
- Understand the contract responsibilities of various parties
- Understand the bidding process and contractual obligations
- Understand the contractual relationship between contractor and sub-contractor
- Avoid construction disputes and claims from the site level
- Write RFIs and Change Orders
- Understand the dispute resolution process – negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Understand how the “holdback system” works and why
- Use the Small Claims process to recover debts
Full course outline MCA Construction Law- 2019
Gold Seal credits available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund