MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING- Negotiation & Conflict Management Skills
October 14, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm MDT$299.00 – $349.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training* Delivered over 2 days. October 14 & 15th, 2021 from 9:30 AM- 1:30 PM
NEGOTIATION & CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Participants will improve their skills in communication and negotiation. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to de-escalate conflict, listen effectively,
build mutual respect with others in a construction context and negotiate effectively.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic elements of communication and demonstrate effective communication skills with constructors.
- Understand motivation theory and apply motivational techniques to win trust and engage individuals/teams you work with.
- Identify different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately and negotiate effectively with each one.
- Understand the basics of negotiating, de-escalating conflict and setting the ground work for effective negotiation.
- Ask effective questions and listen to others in order to get to the issues behind various negotiation intentions.
- Getting to a “yes” and closing a negotiation well.
You’ll need the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course instructors include Tim Williams or Mark Waters both are Gold Seal Certified Project Managers with over twenty years’ experience in the field.
BGC understands construction and the very specialized nature of the industry. Construction companies operate in a very competitive environment. To be successful, companies need to have great people, efficient systems, and management excellence. Our gifted team of instructors enable BGC to provide excellence in construction management training.
Gold Seal Credits Available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund