MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken estimating courses from MCA in the past. Was very impressed with how much content was included in the course and the instructor was incredibly skilled with the course content and beyond. I highly recommend taking this course if you’re looking to build on your future in construction!”
Jeff Swindells | Victaulic
- This event has passed.
COURSE- Project Accounting & Cost Control- Edmonton
February 20, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm MST$315.00
PROJECT ACCOUNTING & COST CONTROL
Participants will learn how to design and read various construction financial reports and improve the financial systems of their construction company. Construction Owners, PM’s PC’s, Estimators, Accountants and staff are welcome.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the estimating process from bid to award to mobilization. Be able to read and understand a General Summary Sheet of the bid and the steps to producing a Project Budget.
- Be able to read financial statements: income statement, balance sheet, cashflow, job cost reports, and make decisions on a timely basis.
- Be able to link the site resources to a Daily Extra Report and the coding to the General Ledger.
- Be able to forecast percentage of completion reports: projected income statements, job costing and cashflow to satisfy internal and external stakeholders such as banks and bonding companies.
- Understand and calculate various financial ratios used to understand financial reports and create company dashboards.
- Understand the holdback requirements of the Builder’s Lien Act and typical invoicing processes used at month end.
- Be able to calculate aged accounts payable and receivables separate from holdback amounts.
- Understand the importance of payroll reporting and being able to link this to the project schedule and labour productivity assumptions used by the estimating team.
Gold Seal Credits available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund