MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
Virtual Instructor Led- Project Management
November 17, 2020 @ 8:30 am - November 18, 2020 @ 4:00 pm MST$595.00 – $735.00
Virtual Instructor Led training
The course is designed for new construction owners, managers, estimators, supervisors, and staff. Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using PMBoK 5th Edition approach) and how to successfully manage a complex project.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Understand the importance of project planning
- Use the appropriate CCDC/CCA contract and/or Purchase
- orders for the project
- Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
- Understand the estimating process
- Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
- Understand the components of projects – labour, materials, and overheads – and use of techniques to
- maximize job profitability and minimize costs
- Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
- Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
Gold Seal Credits Available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund