MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
COURSE- Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors
October 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$149.95
SUPERVISOR Reasonable Suspicion Training
This course is designed to help supervisors recognize substance abuse in the workplace before drug and alcohol abuse incurs costs to the employer and becomes a preventable safety incident. Participants will be educated on proper tools and skills to recognize and handle possible substance abuse within the workplace.
- Describe the performance management cycle and process
- The regulations surrounding Reasonable Suspicion Training
- What “reasonable suspicion” means and how it differs from other testing
- How to action the Reasonable Suspicion five step process
- The Supervisors role and responsibilities
- How to recognize the signs and symptoms of alcohol and drug use
- How to approach employees in a professional and respectful manner
- How to effectively complete the required documentation
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund