MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING- Site Leadership
March 17, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm MDT$299.00 – $349.00
SITE LEADERSHIP- full day delivered via zoom
Would you like to improve your construction site leadership skills? Participants will enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff, improve job site productivity and complete projects on time, on budget, and safely. The course is designed for lead hands, foremen and supervisors that want to increase their leadership effectiveness
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
- Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
- Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
- Improve their training skills and conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
You’ll need the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Gold Seal Credits Available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund