MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
MEMBER MEETING: Respectful and Inclusive Workplaces
April 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Rewards of Respectful & Inclusive workplaces – What you can do?
Respectful workplaces are a cornerstone of a positive work environment where employees are engaged, productive and fulfilled.
MCA & CIPH members are encouraged to join our guests Bill Ferreira from BuildForce Canada and Bob Condon & Wendy Irwin from Peninsula to learn more about:
- Current trends & Issues on today’s constructions sites
- Employers legal requirement to training your employees to recognize, address, prevent workplace violence, bullying, racism and harassment.
- How compliance can help build and enhance culture
- Assess the complete picture of what you are doing to create and support a respectful and inclusive workplace through a free online assessment.
- Explore a respectful workplace policy framework that can be used as is or adapted by construction companies.
- Review an implementation guide that will assist employers in ensuring that the policy framework becomes a living document that will have a direct and lasting impact on their company’s culture.
- What tools & training are available for employees and Management?
Bill Ferreira- BuildForce Canada
Bill has played a leading role in Canada’s construction industry for nearly a decade. Bill assumed the role of Executive Director at BuildForce Canada in August 2017, after serving as Vice-President, Government Relations and Public Affairs at the Canadian Construction Association since 2008.
Bob Condon- Business Development Manager
In 2019 Bob helped launch Peninsula Employment services in Alberta and he has since been facilitating the delivery of best-in-class people management strategies and digital technology tools. He has hosted dozens of in-person and virtual events with his team of experts to educate, inform and guide small business leaders through the ever-changing maze of Human Resource management.
Wendy Irwin – Health & Safety Field Consultant
Wendy has 15+ years in oil & gas and major manufacturing/construction experience. She has received industry recognition for her work with Culture Change and WCB Claims Management. Wendy has conducted workshops and completed numerous Violence and Harassment investigations. Proudly working for Peninsula, it has enabled her to share her expertise and knowledge with small and medium business owners in their Health and Safety journey.