MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING: Microsoft Excel for Construction
April 22, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT$295.00 – $390.00
Microsoft Excel for Construction
The ability to produce cost estimates efficiently and accurately is a critical step in many construction career paths, and a high-demand skill throughout the construction industry.
Computer software has become a popular tool for estimating, and Microsoft Excel is the most widely-used option. In this one-day course, learn how to produce your estimates more quickly and accurately by harnessing the power of Microsoft Excel.
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with any Windows operating system
- Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Excel and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use Excel formulas for typical construction estimating tasks
- Create takeoff sheets for use as templates
- Learn handy shortcuts to streamline estimating
- Link information in worksheets and workbooks
- Accurately calculate profit, overhead, markups, and taxes
- Generate graphs to visually display work product
- Use features such as VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP to access an MS EXCEL Database
- Print work product to PDF
This course is for any estimator who uses (or is considering using) Microsoft Excel for Construction Estimating. Whether you’re a novice or experienced Excel user, you’ll get practice using basic and extended features of Excel for a variety of typical estimating tasks.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Izzy of Perry Educational Services Ltd is an administrative professional with over twenty years of experience working with Microsoft Office. Her experience in various paralegal, corporate and government offices gives her differing perspectives to engage and develop both her knowledge and her students’ knowledge.
This course is worth 1 Gold Seal Credit