MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
TRAINING – Change Order Management
March 20, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm MDT$215.00 – $315.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training*
Course will take place over March 20th & 21st from 9:30am – 1:30pm MST
Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors, and Staff.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
Gold Seal Credits Available
This course is delivered in partnership between MCA AB and other Construction associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund
You’ll need to have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course instructors include Tim Williams or Mark Waters both are Gold Seal Certified Project Managers with over twenty years’ experience in the field.
BGC understands construction and the very specialized nature of the industry. Construction companies operate in a very competitive environment. To be successful, companies need to have great people, efficient systems, and management excellence. Our gifted team of instructors enable BGC to provide excellence in construction management training