MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING: Construction Business Management
December 20, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm MST$599.00 – $699.00
*Virtual Instructor Led training*
Dec 20, 21, 22, & 23rd from 9:30-1:30 MST
Participants will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
Audience: Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors and Staff.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
This course is delivered in partnership between MCA AB and other Construction associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Gold Seal Credits Available
You’ll need to make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course instructors include Tim Williams or Mark Waters both are Gold Seal Certified Project Managers with over twenty years’ experience in the field.
BGC understands construction and the very specialized nature of the industry. Construction companies operate in a very competitive environment. To be successful, companies need to have great people, efficient systems, and management excellence. Our gifted team of instructors enable BGC to provide excellence in construction management training
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund