MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING – Microsoft Project Basic
October 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT$295.00 – $390.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training*
Create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft Project 2016. This course is for any person who has never used Microsoft Project 2016 and would like to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with any Windows operating system
- Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Project Screen and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- Determine Critical Path, Total Float and Free Float.
- Manage resources for a project such as Labour.
- Finalize a project plan.
- Print project schedules to PDF.
Phil Perry of Perry Educational Services Ltd has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last ten years for organizations across Canada.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund