MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING – Microsoft Project Intermediate
February 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MST$295.00 – $390.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training*
Gain an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 as a project management tool. This course is for any person who has used Microsoft Project 2016 at the basic level and would like to improve their skills.
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with any Windows operating system.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Project (any version)
- Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Project Screen and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
- Changing Scheduling Methods
- Task Type Settings
- Task Constraints
- Task Relationships (Finish-to-Start, Start-to-Start, Finish-to-Finish, Lags)
- Identifying Factors Affecting Tasks
- Defining the Critical Path
- Formatting the Critical Path
- Change Project Calendars
- Explore Default Calendars (Standard, Night Shift, 24 Hour)
- Create Project Specific Calendars (e.g. 6 day x 10 hour/day)
- Assign a special Calendar to a specific task.
- Assign a special Calendar to a specific resource.
- Tracking Project Progress
- Saving the Baseline
- Tracking Task Progress
- Updating Tasks
- Updating the Remaining Schedule
- Comparing Baseline and Actual Data
- Resolving Resource Conflicts
- Assigning Resources
- Editing Resource Assignments
- Resource Overallocations
- Locating Resource Overallocations
- Resolving Resource Overallocations
- Applying Preset Contours to Resources
- Sorting, Filtering and Grouping
- Sorting Views
- Filtering Views
- Grouping Tasks and Resources
- Formatting the Project Environment
- Formatting Views
- Formatting the Gantt Chart
Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Project Screen and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund