MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING – Project Accounting & Cost Control
October 20, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm MDT$299.00 – $349.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training* course will take place October 20 & 21 from 9:30-1:30 MST
Participants will learn how to design and read various construction financial reports and improve the financial systems of their construction company. Construction Owners, PM’s PC’s, Estimators, Accountants and staff are welcome.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the estimating process from bid to award to mobilization. Be able to read and understand a General Summary Sheet of the bid and the steps to producing a Project Budget.
- Be able to read financial statements: income statement, balance sheet, cashflow, job cost reports, and make decisions on a timely basis.
- Be able to link the site resources to a Daily Extra Report and the coding to the General Ledger.
- Be able to forecast percentage of completion reports: projected income statements, job costing and cashflow to satisfy internal and external stakeholders such as banks and bonding companies.
- Understand and calculate various financial ratios used to understand financial reports and create company dashboards.
- Understand the holdback requirements of the Builder’s Lien Act and typical invoicing processes used at month end.
- Be able to calculate aged accounts payable and receivables separate from holdback amounts.
- Understand the importance of payroll reporting and being able to link this to the project schedule and labour productivity assumptions used by the estimating team.
This course is delivered in partnership between MCA AB and other Construction associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Gold Seal Credits Available
You’ll need to make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course instructors include Tim Williams or Mark Waters both are Gold Seal Certified Project Managers with over twenty years’ experience in the field.
BGC understands construction and the very specialized nature of the industry. Construction companies operate in a very competitive environment. To be successful, companies need to have great people, efficient systems, and management excellence. Our gifted team of instructors enable BGC to provide excellence in construction management training.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund