MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
Training- Project Delivery Methods – “Know Your Responsibilities”
October 25 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm MDT$649.00 – $849.00
Part of the Construction Management Series
This 3- part virtual workshop will take place on October 25, 26 & 27 th from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
Through a team of multi-discipline trainers, this Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. From years of experience, each presenter will give you key insights to the success of each delivery method from the perspective of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. In addition, they will draw your attention to a few key CCDC clauses that are critical to the effectiveness of each delivery method.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it’s not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it’s about what is “written”!
Whether you are a Project Owner, Consultant, or Contractor, understanding the many different project delivery options for a particular project is critical to its success. Moreover, ensuring that all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the selected project delivery is fundamental for building trust, honesty and respect.
Through a team of multi-discipline trainers with decades of experience, this Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. Each presenter will give you key insights to the success of each delivery method from the perspective of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. In addition, they will draw your attention to a few key CCDC clauses that are critical to the effectiveness of each project delivery method.
Project delivery methods covered in this workshop include:
- Construction Management for Services
- Construction Management for Services and Construction
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Methods Involving Land, Finance, Operation or Maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this workshop will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a “client” in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
For each Project Delivery Method, you will:
- Learn the key characteristics
- Understand when best to use
- Discuss projects that succeeded with the model and those that did not
- Acquire key insights for success from the perspective of Owner, Consultant and Contractor
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages, risk mitigation and project approach
- **There will be an Orientation session scheduled 2-3 days before the course. You will receive a calendar appointment for the session.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
Debbie Hicks, B.sc
With a comprehensive and varied education background, learning has been at the core of her career. As former President of the Southern Interior Construction Association in BC for 22 years, liaising with the buyers of construction services, architects, engineers and contractors in advocacy and education brings a solid base to her expertise.
“This course is highly informative and If you are experienced, this course offers you tons of inputs from different aspects of all parties in a construction project.”
Gold Seal credits available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
- This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
- Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
- Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions