MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
TRAINING – Supervisory & Management Skills
September 20, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm MDT$599.00 – $699.00
*Virtual Instructor Led Training*
Course will take place Sept 20, 21, 22 & 23 from 9:30 -1:30 MST
Construction supervisors and leaders will develop an understanding of how to manage people in a construction context. Participants will improve their skills in leadership, communication and enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture.
What will you learn?
At the end of the course construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors will be able to:
- Understand the difference between leadership, management, and supervision
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
- Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
- Effectively manage time
- Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
- Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition, and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Use collaborative decision-making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Gold Seal Credits Available- Both the Zoom class time and optional online exam will offer credits
You’ll need to make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Course instructors include Tim Williams or Mark Waters both are Gold Seal Certified Project Managers with over twenty years’ experience in the field.
BGC understands construction and the very specialized nature of the industry. Construction companies operate in a very competitive environment. To be successful, companies need to have great people, efficient systems, and management excellence. Our gifted team of instructors enable BGC to provide excellence in construction management training.
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund