MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
SEMINAR – Trusted Advisor Customer Service
June 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm MDT$199.00 – $227.00
In person training
TRUSTED ADVISOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SEMINAR
Smart business people know that your options to stand out in the marketplace are limited… cut prices? Not very profitable. Improve product quality? Certainly, but that can take substantial time and money. The fastest, most cost-effective way to differentiate yourself is to focus on your service.
The challenge is how to provide exceptional customer service in an environment of supply chain shortages, delays, and cost increases passed on to customers. Mix in staffing shortages and even more customer frustration.
Which is sometimes vented on your employees.
It’s not surprising then that team members feel pressured to make commitments that are difficult to keep. That’s why in this seminar we’ll reveal communication tips to earn and keep trust – even when customers are rushed and stressed. We’ll shift customers from seeing your team members as mere service providers, to instead valuing them as Trusted Advisors.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Enhance people’s perception of you by 12% by using a two word phrase more often (hint: it’s not please or thank you)
- Prevent customers from defecting just to save a few dollars
- Reduce your customers’ buying choices, and increase purchases by 7 fold
- Position your ideas, products, and services so that people select higher value options
- Meet and exceed the 7 top customer expectations
- Connect with clients at a deeper level by expressing your ‘grand intention’
- Use the most prevalent shift in buying behaviors to boost your business
- Avoid 5 common expressions that unwittingly raise skepticism in others
- Tap the ‘humility advantage’ to influence without pushiness
- Deal effectively with customers and co-workers who are stressed or rushed
- Ensure that social media messages about you and your organization strengthen rather than damage your brand
- Break bad news to others without creating hard feelings
- Move beyond repeat business to create loyalty (there is a difference)
- Prevent miscommunications that lead to stress and work overload
- Boost communication skills both at work and in your personal life
- Recharge your spirit and brighten your interactions with others
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: JEFF MOWATT
A leading authority in his field, Jeff didn’t just read the book – he wrote it! He’s the author of the best-selling books, Becoming a Service Icon in 90 Minutes a Month, and Influence with Ease. He heads his own training company and has written and produced 13 multimedia training systems. His Influence with Ease® column has been syndicated and featured in over 200 business publications.