MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING – MANAGING SHOP DRAWINGS, SAMPLES AND SUBMITTALS
November 26, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm MST$145.00 – $210.00
*Virtual Instructor led training*
MANAGING SHOP DRAWINGS, SAMPLES AND SUBMITTALS
The process for submitting Shop Drawings, Submittals and Samples is key to getting the right materials and equipment to the right place at the right time. However, many Contractors, Trade Contractors and Suppliers are struggling with getting timely reviews of the submittals.
This workshop will review the process from cradle to grave and offer tips and tricks to avoid common mistakes.
What will you learn?:
- Common Shop Drawing Process as articulated in:
- CCDC-2 – Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA-1 – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 – Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- ACA Form A – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-5B – Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC-14 – Stipulated Price Design Build Contract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the Specifications
Guides covered by the course:
- ACA Doc E – Alberta Standard Guide for Shop Drawings and Submittal Procedures
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with the Shop Drawing Process: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents
How to access?
Once you have registered we will send you links to the “Go to Training” platform
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund
If you would prefer an afternoon session from 1-4 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org