MCA Alberta offers education and training programs through a variety of learning opportunities designed to meet unique mechanical and service contractor needs. This is accomplished through member meetings, short seminars and full day courses. These feature guest presenters on broad industry topics, product specific technical training, HR and other soft skills training, business skills and succession planning.
Programs are designed specifically for owners and senior management, service managers and technicians, HR leaders, frontline field and office staff to keep the entire team current and to help grow your career.
“I have taken both Project Management and Construction law courses through the MCA and these courses are a must for anyone starting in a management role. Since then, I have enrolled my staff to complete as well.”
Cody Christman ,VP Strathcona Mechanical
TRAINING – Proposal Pursuit “Strategies for Success!”
November 1 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm MDT$649.00 – $849.00
This 3- part workshop will take place on November 1, 2 & 3rd from 830 AM-12:30 PM (MST)
Workshops are led by a team of multi-discipline experts (Owners, Consultants and Contractors) and will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight, and actionable strategies.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it’s not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it’s about what is “written”!
Whether you are the:
- Project Owner or P3 Developer seeking qualified contractors or issuing a proposal request,
- Design Consultant creating, reviewing or participating in the process for Design Build or Integrated Project Delivery,
- General Contractor responding to any project delivery method process, or the
- Subcontractor new to the “Invitation” activities,
this session will share decades of expertise from a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor on how to make sure each partner is successful in their pursuit.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Learn the key ingredients to prepare a successful Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Understand the Project Owner’s mindset in soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) competition
- Identify “homework” to be done prior to responding to the RFQ/RFP
- Familiarize yourself with best practices when successfully responding to an RFP
- Develop a winning RFP strategy
- Recognize the same techniques for successful Subcontractor submissions
- Understand how to prepare for, manage and excel in the Interview
- Learn about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and create ideas on how to demonstrate your CSR Strategy
- Apply learnings to an RFP case study and table your RFP mini proposal to an evaluation panel
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Commercial Project Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
Debbie Hicks, B.sc
With a comprehensive and varied education background, learning has been at the core of her career. As former President of the Southern Interior Construction Association in BC for 22 years, liaising with the buyers of construction services, architects, engineers and contractors in advocacy and education brings a solid base to her expertise.
2 Gold Seal Credits Available
MCA Events Cancellation policy
5 business days or more- 100% refunded/4 business days or less- 50% refunded/no show – no refund
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
- This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
- Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
- Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions