5S – Getting to a Stable State
Use 5S correctly to Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain the work you perform daily. It’s the foundation of a “stable state” on which Lean implementation is built. Whether in the shop, the truck, the jobsite, the gang box, your office, your desk or your purse or wallet, this simple method will eliminate wasted time and motion and clear your mind.
Three clear and powerful videos, each less than 5-8 minutes in length, with accompanying downloadable references and an Action Plan for using 5S in your own workspace, in your shared areas, and as a beginning of a daily life of continuous improvement.
What will you learn?
- An enjoyable online simulation to help you truly understand the power of 5S: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain
- How and where to start getting your workplace in good order
- How 5S can reduce DOWNTIME wastes and enable your workers to take greater responsibility over the worksite
- Learn to develop a daily checklist that you run through to make sure everyone has what they need
- How to use 5S as a building block to create a culture that finds and addresses waste
This course includes:
- 9 hours on demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Assess on mobile.
- Certificate of Completion
We are a Construction Accelerator® Partner providing members access to 11 Lean courses, reference documents, Action items and quizzes.