8 Wastes in Construction
We cannot eliminate what we can’t see. This course helps you to see the Waste, to identify it among the classic 8 Wastes, easily remembered by the acronym D-O-W-N-T-I-M-E: Defects, Over-Processing, Waiting, Non-Utilized human talent, Transportation, Inventory, Motion and Extra Production.
This course includes 12 short 3-5 minute videos with Action Plans and optional Quizzes. Through visual instruction, coupled with ideas for putting your learning into action, you’ll easily learn to clarify what the customer defines as value. And how to spot waste all around you. You’ll learn how to remove waste to create flow and reduce the time it takes to accomplish your work.
What will you learn?
- How to define value from your customer’s perspective.
- A deeper understanding that the enemy of value is waste. It’s a zero-sum game.
- How to see the Waste that is all around you and robbing you of value.
- How to identify the 8 classic Wastes in construction.
- How eliminating waste creates more value.
- How to teach others to do the same by performing “Waste Walks”.
This course is $19.95 USD, but MCA members will receive a 10% discount when you
This course includes:
- 0.7 hours on demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Assess on mobile.
- Certificate of Completion
We are a Construction Accelerator® Partner providing members access to 11 Lean courses, reference documents, Action items and quizzes.