Change Order Management
Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors, and Staff.
What will you learn?
• Identify changes from the original contract
• Document the changes
• Price changes fairly and realistically
• Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
• Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
• Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
• Understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
• Develop a change order process for a construction company
• Issue a notice of dispute
• Proactively negotiate fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
The course includes 11 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
2 Gold seal credits upon successful completion
The cost is $150.00 + GST
We are proud to partner with BCG Partners Inc. for their self paced online courses.
Their courses are a series of user friendly video modules from expert instructors. The courses are self-paced and allow you to decide when you want to learn, and how quickly you want to work through the material. Courses are divided into modules that contain expert instructional videos, access to slides with narration, and interactive exercises. Each module concludes with a short, multiple choice quiz that requires an 80% pass mark before proceeding to the next video module. Upon successful completion of all modules you will receive a certificate of completion.