Participants will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid.
The course is designed for construction estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating.
What will you Learn?
• Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
• Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
• Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
• Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
• Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
• Formulate a bid strategy
• Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
• Become familiar with Construction Division Codes
• Understand how to present a bid
• Be familiar with how to use the bid depository and online bidding platforms
• Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
• Understand the post-bidding process
• Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
The course includes 10 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
2 Gold seal credits upon successful completion
Cost is $150.00 + GST
We are proud to partner with BCG Partners Inc. for their self paced online courses.
Their courses are a series of user friendly video modules from expert instructors. The courses are self-paced and allow you to decide when you want to learn, and how quickly you want to work through the material. Courses are divided into modules that contain expert instructional videos, access to slides with narration, and interactive exercises. Each module concludes with a short, multiple choice quiz that requires an 80% pass mark before proceeding to the next video module. Upon successful completion of all modules you will receive a certificate of completion.