MCA is proud to partner with BuildForce Canada and their E-Learning Centre to offer its members access to first-class online courses.
This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades and labour.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the origins of law
- Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
- Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
- Know the different types of construction contracts
- Interpret contracts
- Understand what a custom contract consists of
- Understand the principles of surety and the different types of bonds that are used
- Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
- Understand claims, the reasons for claims and the process of making a claim
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
Read full course outline here bf031_law_factsheet
*Once you have registered we will send you a link and pin.