Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using the current PMBoK approach) and how to successfully manage a complex project.
The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, supervisors and staff.
What will you Learn?
• Understand the importance of project planning
• Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Use the appropriate industry standardized contracts and/or Purchase Orders
• Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
• Understand the estimating process
• Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
• Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
• Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
• Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
• Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
• Use of site and office project cost control methods
• Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
• Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
• Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
• Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
• Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
• Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
The course includes 8 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
2 Gold seal credits upon successful completion
The cost is $179.00 + GST
We are proud to partner with BCG Partners Inc. for their new self paced online courses.
Their courses are a series of user friendly video modules from expert instructors. The courses are self-paced and allow you to decide when you want to learn, and how quickly you want to work through the material. Courses are divided into modules that contain expert instructional videos, access to slides with narration, and interactive exercises. Each module concludes with a short, multiple choice quiz that requires an 80% pass mark before proceeding to the next video module. Upon successful completion of all modules you will receive a certificate of completion.