Supervisory & Management Skills
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors.
What will you Learn?
• Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
• Identify different leadership styles and approaches
• Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
• Be familiar with various motivational theories Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
• Understand how to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
• Effectively manage time
• Understand stress and how to manage it at work
• Have knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
• Conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
• Apply various negotiating skills
• Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
• Use collaborative decision making skills
• Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
The course includes 11 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
2 Gold seal credits upon successful completion
Cost is $179.00 + GST
We are proud to partner with BCG Partners Inc. for their new self paced online courses.
Their courses are a series of user friendly video modules from expert instructors. The courses are self-paced and allow you to decide when you want to learn, and how quickly you want to work through the material. Courses are divided into modules that contain expert instructional videos, access to slides with narration, and interactive exercises. Each module concludes with a short, multiple choice quiz that requires an 80% pass mark before proceeding to the next video module. Upon successful completion of all modules you will receive a certificate of completion.